Back in America!

I arrived last night in Texas! It feels great to be back home, but I will miss my home in Vic!

My last day at Escorial was so sad (I cried the whole walk home)! It was hard to say goodbye to my students and my teacher! She had spent a lot of time outside of school with me and we were able to form an incredible friendship that I will never forget!

My last few classes were extra special, because I actually led them by myself! The first grade teacher had to step-out unexpectedly for about 20 minutes and so I was left to entertain them! I read them several of my favorite Mo Willems books by googling videos and muting the sound. The first grade students know very minimal English so I found the Mo Willems books to be very effective and the kids seemed to enjoy them! I then taught my 6th graders after lunch and they were reading true stories about dinosaur fossils! As I have mentioned, I grew very close to the 6th grade students and it was extra hard to say goodbye to them! My very last class at Escorial was a group of 4th graders I had not gotten to spend any time with, but boy did we make up for lost time! I did my presentation for them and then one of the students asked me what my favorite song is and I mentioned that I liked Taylor Swift...and then we had a full on dance party! The students then began playing me their favorite Catalan songs, which we all sang and danced to! This last class was so much fun and a great way to end my time in such a special place.

Thank you to everyone who made this experience possible for me! It truly has changed me for the better and I know I am going to be a better teacher because of my time in Vic!

Adéu! (This means goodbye in Catalan!)

Comments

Popular Posts