Final Week at Escorial!

Portugal was absolutely amazing!! It is such a beautiful country full of history and character! (see pictures on my other adventures page!)

This week is my final week teaching in Vic. It is so bittersweet. I have loved every second of being here and I will miss it dearly, but I do miss my class back in Texas and it will be so great to see them next week!

I have been able to work with the preschool students in the mornings and they are so sweet. We sing lots of songs and read tons of books! Today we worked on counting up to 5! I had to say goodbye to the four year olds today and it was so sad! Thursday will be my last day with the three and five year old students.

I also have been spending much of my time with the older students (5th and 6th graders) and they have become some of my favorite students to work with! We have continued to practice English using flashcards and it has become really fun for both me and the kids! Since turning the flashcards into games and the kids have gotten really into the competitive aspect and truly want to practice English flashcards! The older kids are able to communicate very well with me and so we have been able to have good conversations and get to know each other so well. Today, one of my students asked me if I would take my next holiday (vacation) to Vic and visit Escorial - I told her if I can I absolutely would love to!

I am going to miss this sweet little town that I have been able to call my home for three weeks. This experience is one I will never forget. The warmth and love in the classrooms here is something I aspire to have one day in my future classroom.

Comments

Popular Posts